Requisition ID 1663452
This position will handle a variety of responsibilities including supporting environments running in production and test environments. This will include performing Database Administration activates such as Backups, Recovery, Reorgs, Configuring, Monitoring and troubleshooting issues at the system and application level. Additionally, this position is responsible for ensuring all databases operate at optimum levels, the candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Should be comfortable working in a team environment and willing to work flexible hours, shift work, On-call and after hours support is a requirement of this position.
• Hands-on experience with MYSQL Database schema creation and ongoing support
• Support, monitor, test and troubleshoot DB software problems.
• Performance tuning of the database at the schema level as well as database application code. Knowledge of INNODB performance tuning
• Experience with SQL, PL/SQL and tuning
• Plan and perform appropriate procedures, documentation and other procedures related to database schema.
• Maintain, monitor, analyze DB application components and make recommendations for DB application improvements
• Be available for shift and on-call support, 24x7 coverage and response to system alerts after hours
• Understand and be able to troubleshoot standard replication and master to master replication
• Experience installing and configuring MYSQL for optimal performance
• Able to troubleshoot Linux related MYSQL issues
Education and Experience Required:
Must have be a US Citizen or a Green Card Holder and has lived in the U.S. three of the last 5 years
• Minimum of 3 years in MySQL server environments
• Experience with MYSQL Cluster 7.2 and up
• Programing experience in Java, C or PHP is a plus
• Experience with MYSQL versions 5.0 and up
• Experience in optimization of MYSQL database structures including data size, data types, table structures and indexing
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Skill in process analysis, improvement and documentation
• Hands-on experience with Database schema creation and performance tuning and ongoing support
• Strong problem determination/resolution skills
• Ability to work effectively in team environment
• Self-starter that requires minimal supervision and can provide oversight for any assigned projects
• Thorough knowledge of good server and Database administration principles
• Ability to script solutions and automate jobs
• Knowledge of Linux scripting a plus