Administration & Regulation
· Leads the implementation of the medical, pharmacy, dental, life, disability, retirement and vision programs.
· Ensures compliance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) including ensuring plan design meets mandatory requirements and tracking of Associate hours to ensure coverage is being appropriately offered.
· Oversees the preparation and execution of annual enrollment and monthly ACA enrollment, including testing the electronic enrollment system, reviewing and updating the communications plan and tracking completion progress.
· Maintains a current working knowledge of benefit legislation, industry standards and best practices.
· Stays informed on most recent changes in healthcare reform and modify processes and plan designs to ensure compliance.
· Ensures timely action of benefit transactions to limit liability, risk and financial obligations of the company, including collection of late payments, employee premium deficiencies, etc.
· Works to identify and agree on priorities based on business context, local legislation and HR priorities.
· Contributes to the design, development and review of employee communications regarding health, welfare and retirement benefits including development of benefits training, forms and summaries, new hire orientation, Summary Plan Descriptions and updates to the benefits website to assist Associates with understanding our benefits.
· Performs as liaison between benefit vendors and Associates to ensure adherence to plan provisions and to resolve issues or to reconcile claims.
· Identifies and drives projects and initiatives to improve the efficiency and quality of the benefits program.
· Provides guidance and assistance to Associates relative to the policies, practices and procedures affecting their benefit eligibility and entitlements.
· Manages, coaches and develops the benefits team including more junior members of the team.
· Ensures line mangers and the wider HR community understand and utilize available benefit tools.
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in related field
· 5-7 years related experience
· Multi-state benefit experience
· Project management skills
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Work well in a team-oriented environment
· Achievement of CEBS and SHRM benefits certification
· Experience with Lawson HRIS/Payroll System
· Experience with Benefit Focus System