The Sales Engineer (SE) would become a member of the SE Online Specialist (SOS) team to be the technical focal point in the sales cycle for sales representatives and partners. This individual would help strengthen relationships with Symantec customers by connecting technology solutions to their business needs. As part of the SOS team you will ultimately be a contributor in building confidence for sales representatives and partners in order to maximize growth and increase market share.
• SOS SEs interact with Symantec partners and customers via, email, conference calls, and web demonstrations which are critical aspects of this role. Presentation skills are important.
• Using creativity, technological knowledge, and business acumen the SE provides small to large enterprise businesses in the public and private sectors with the pre-sales technical assistance and product education needed to vet Symantec solutions.
• This exciting position requires previous or existing experience with Symantec products and/or must have the ability to quickly ramp up in order to adapt in this dynamic environment. Ability to sell deeper into the Symantec Portfolio of products is a must to exceed customers’ expectations.
• In this role you will be the customer's trusted advisor, assisting in the demonstration, and design solutions using a range of Symantec products in order to gain technical acceptance from the customer and drive sales revenue.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
• In-depth experience with one or more of the Corporate-level solutions.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
• 5-7 years of experience in systems administration, pre-sales or related field.
• In depth knowledge of various server, client, and mobile operating systems; WinNT/2000/2003/2008, Win9x, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Linux, and Macintosh in physical and virtual environments (VMware/Hyper-V).
• Networking and virtualization knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
• Have the ability to handle project management responsibilities for implementation of company related solutions assigned by the manager.
• Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor in person and over the phone.
• Ability to relate to a wide range of technical staff and managers in customer environments. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision. Know how to manage time and set priorities.
• Conflict management and resolution experience.