In the role of a Senior Manager of the Integration Center of Excellence (ICoE), you will manage a team of engineers that support the large and complex integration infrastructure at JCPenney. You will work closely with the application development and infrastructure teams, business and IT stakeholders across the enterprise.
Provide leadership for the Integration Center of Excellence in a senior manager role.
- Provide leadership for the Integration Center of Excellence (ICoE) team withresponsibilities to support, monitoring and administration of the integrationtechnologies including Informatica, Oracle ODI, DAC, TIBCO, ManagedFile Transfer, EDI and development tools (Jira, Stash, svn, git, etc).
- Lead the ICoE team through all phases of project lifecycle development, delivering innovative integration solutions for the enterprise
- Lead the ICoE team providing governance and platform ownership for JCPenney’s integration platforms
- Partner with our business clients and key project stakeholders in a customer-service oriented manner to identify and prioritize projects and scope within projects
- Engage and partner with other IT teams as needed for successful project deliveries
- Ensure development schedules are created and tracked and projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Alert and communicate with IT and business leadership for challenges within the ICoE portfolio
- Provide leadership to a diverse team of IT associates, contractors, consultants and offshore resources
- Develop associates through goal setting, ongoing performance feedback, training and development plans, career path discussions and identification of project assignments to further develop skill sets.
- Provide mentoring to others in the organization
- Participate in resource planning and manage project budgeting and forecasting monthly across the ICoE portfolio, with a view that includes long term cost savings.
- Develop and maintain the ICoE roadmap incorporating both business and IT team demand, taking a strategic view of the work.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable IT policies and procedures including PCI, SOX and quarterly access reviews
- Communicate outages and issues to senior management and business units, provide cause and resolution once issues have been resolved.
- Oversee staff workload and provide opportunities for cross training
- Provide leadership for evaluation of emerging tools and technologies for data integration
Core Competencies and Accomplishments:
- Demonstrated leadership managing/leading a diverse team of people in a fast-paced environment
- Experience delivering, managing and providing 24x7 support for integration technologyinfrastructure in a complex environment
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills with the ability to have candid conversations when needed
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments
- Excellent ability to communicate (written and verbal) with multiple levels of leadership as well as cross-functional business and technical teams
- 10+ years’ experience, with 5+ in a leadership capacity
- Highly motivated and self-directing individuals who have prior experience in large, complex enterprise integrations
- Experience managing multiple projects at the same time
- Creative problem solving, organization, attention to detail, flexibility and adaptability are crucial to the success of this role
- Experience with integration technologies including Informatica, ODI, TIBCO, Managed File Transfer solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- Experience managing agile development teams
Our corporate office supports the JCPenney stores nationwide and offers a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) savings plan with company match, and a merchandise discount plan to JCPenney. Amenities include free covered parking, full cafeteria services, fitness center, and on-site childcare.