Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we're guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they're getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what's right for our customers, communities and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
Symetra's Retirement division sales team is looking for a new Relationship Manager (RM) to support our ongoing expansion efforts in the Independent Broker Dealer channel. This RM will manage and develop relationships with Retirement Division partners to drive growth of product sales. The RM must understand Symetra products and capabilities and align with partner needs and objectives. The RM is the face of the account for Symetra both internally and externally. This RM can be located anywhere in the country and will travel 60 - 70% of the time throughout the country.
- Align needs of partner with Symetra capabilities; visit partner; attend and support conferences
- Work with sales management and sales force to drive sales penetration with partners
- Provide account training to internal wholesalers
- Attend sales meetings and quarterly update meetings for key assigned relationships
- Prepare for due diligence trips
- Prepare and submit monthly account summaries submitted each month.
- Participate in the budget process through mid-year reforecasting, forecasting, and sponsorship estimates.
- Develop business plans for partners
- Work with aligned internal partners to support launch of products and services for external partners
Complete sales analysis for internal monthly reports
- 10 years in financial service and insurance industry
- 15 years' required experience in the annuity industry
- Deep Relationship Management experience with Independent BD annuity programs
- Series 6/63 and insurance license
- Strong Presentation skills
- sales and training background
- Experience with other carriers and on the partner side
- Ability to travel 60-70% of the time