Overview of Position
Varsity Tutors is seeking a talented Sales Manager to join our team in Seattle and help us continue our national growth and expansion. We operate a live learning platform with high-quality tutors, mobile learning apps, online learning environments, and other academic and test prep-focused technologies and in 2015 raised $57 million in venture capital from Technology Crossover Ventures, the Answers.com executive team, and singer/TV personality Adam Levine.
The Sales Manager will have a direct impact on business growth as we help more people achieve their academic goals and help us continue our national expansion.
The individual in this role will lead a team of sales professionals and is responsible for the hiring, management, development, and performance of the team.
He or she will lead and develop a talented sales team that assesses needs, sells tutoring packages, strengthens client relations, and provides high-quality service to our clients.
The individual in this role will work directly with other sales leaders and company executives and will have a strong influence on the ongoing strategies and growth of the company.
- Completion of 4-year bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of inside sales management experience
- 3+ years of sales experience
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to coach, develop and motivate a team
- Experience developing sales plans and analyzing metrics
- Demonstrated ability to implement and train sales teams in strategic selling techniques
- Experience in hiring, developing, and managing a high-performing salesforce
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Hire and effectively onboard high-performing sales representatives and client sales representatives
- Continually coach and develop staff to ensure success and improved results, and implement performance plans
- Manage day-to-day performance of all sales team members and deliver performance reviews
- Hit all performance targets for number of new clients, repeat purchases, conversion rates, revenue and others as determined by company
- Assess and understand the needs of our clients
- Work with sales leadership to generate ideas for sales contests and motivational initiatives
- Lead and schedule weekly team meetings
- Embody company culture and maintain high employee engagement
- Ensure correct usage of CRM and other sales applications
- Train and ensure adherence to sales process