Less than 5 years experience • Telecommunications
Tellabs, the world leader in the Passive Optical LAN marketplace and a trusted provider of Broadband access solutions, is defining the future of networking across enterprise, government and telecom. We're focused on expanding on that leadership and keeping people connected today and, as the world continues to change, tomorrow.
The Sales Manager manages the Partner Lifecycle including recruitment, enablement, support and assessment leveraging and localizing the Tellabs' Global Partner Program.
The primary goal of the Sales Manager is stimulating and driving revenue through channel partners.This includes developing coverage strategies with the Sales VP and Account Managers.
- Identify and qualify partners best suited to position Tellabs Optical LAN products with customers in the Midwest sales region.
- Enable channel partners through training on the business value and ROI of Tellabs products and services.
- Develop a sustained channel pipeline of net new opportunities both short and long term.
- Maintain pipeline in Salesforce.com.
- Provide regular updates to Tellabs management on pipeline activity, bookings, and revenue.
- With System Sales Engineer, achieve quarterly and annual revenue and bookings targets.
- Work closely with Tellabs Marketing team to implement and execute partner marketing programs and events.
- Represent Tellabs Enterprise at select trade shows, customer events and partner events.
- Working with Tellabs System Sales Engineer, develop system configurations that meet client technical and economic needs.
- Maintain partner information using corporate tools.
- Manage NDAs, reseller agreements, and deal registration agreements.
- Must ultimately reside in the assigned West territory.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related degree.
- Professional sales development training desired.
- Minimum 3 years in channelsales/marketing and program management in Enterprise IT market segments with a proven track record of success.
- Working knowledge of the Passive Optical LAN marketplace.
- Confident self-starter capable of building meaningful relationships at all organization levels within a reseller or system integrator.
- Established relationships with Enterprise IT channels including large VARs, system integrators who re-sell telecom/datacom solutions to Enterprise IT customers in the midwest sales region.
- Must have adequate technical knowledge to make presentations and lead partner discussions to advance the sales process.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
- Strong PC skills.
- Ability to create/modify PowerPoint, Word documents and Excel spreadsheets.
- Strong strategic and tactical planning skills.
- Experience using Salesforce.com
- Ability to create equipment configurations based on customer and partner business needs.